Friday, May 14, 2010

technology makes people happy

I read in Tara Kelly’s CNN article Is the Internet the Secret to Happiness? that recent studies show that technology use can induce stress and addiction (1). British researchers found out that low-income, developing worlds, and women show links between internet and technology use and a person’s well being (2). Social scientist Michael Willmott reported that internet gives people a feeling of freedom and control (3). The Trajectory Partnership analyzed 35, ooo people world wide in 2005-2007 (4). Cord Graham, chair in foreign policy studies for Brookings institution In D.C. said internet and technology use reduces everyday restraints for people in developing countries (5). These studies had no effect on age groups (6). Surprisingly women gain more from technology, but there is no reason why (7). The Trajectory project says these results motivate them to look into why the results were the way they were (8). They also hope this study will help the way technology like computer, iPods and such are made (9).

I can see how internet and technology can make a person happier. When I’m bored I play video games or get on facebook. I don’t know what I would do without my iphone. I guarantee I would get pretty bummed out if anything happened to it. It helps do things a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment