Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cop shoots himself


http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/11/philadelphia.cop.shot.self/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Philadelphia police officer Sgt. Robert Ralston initially told authorities that he got shot on patrol. He claimed that he saw two African Americans arguing at the train station. Then he said one of them shot him in the shoulder while questioning them. A search for the imaginary suspects was conducted. Early Tuesday morning Ralston confessed to shooting himself. He made up the story to possibly get attention or a transfer. The police noticed many inconsistencies in Ralston’s story. The forensics did not match up. Gunpowder residue on Ralston’s shirt matched with the same ammunition that the police use. The area where he supposedly shot was predominately black, which makes sense because the officer was white. The police chief was reported saying that this occurrence makes the police look very bad. No criminal charges will be pressed because Ralston was granted immunity for his confession.

I read this story at .I can see why a cop would make up a story like that. If I shot myself I would cover it up too. This really makes cops look like racist because the officer blamed it on a couple of minorities. I think it’s also bull crap that he won’t get pressed with charges. I hope he gets some kind of punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment