Monday, May 17, 2010

ADHD is caused by fruit pesticides

Sarah Klein’s health.com article explained pesticide use and relation to children with ADHD. Pesticides in commercial fruit exposure are more likely to cause ADHD (1). 1339 children were urine tested for pesticide byproduct (2). Kids with above average exposure had twice the odd to have ADHD (2). Pesticides have been linked to behavioral problems in the past (3). Pesticides are designed to effect bug’s central nervous system (4). Young children are vulnerable to the pesticide (6). Common household use of this pesticide has been eliminated (6). Around 20-30% of fruit has this pesticide (7). Organic and local fruits are less likely to have pesticides (9). Dr. Dana Boyd says ADHD link to pesticides is hard to establish, but a link to the development to ADHD has some relations to the pesticides.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD. Personally, I think it’s a bunch of bologna. I’m just a kid who has a hard time concentrating. I’m not even a big fruit eater. So I doubt pesticides could have caused my ADHD. I just think ADHD is a made up disease. I think the drug companies made it up to sell their drugs to parents with hyper kids and can’t handle their problems. Parents should hit their kids more often and still give those fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment